PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JCR Agreement - Just Vote "NO" as a protest
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 07:42
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curtain Rod,

You are missing the point.

It doesn't matter whether this passes or not. We get what the Bases want, that's the governing factor. The Based Unions are in the process of ratifying this piece of crap. We get it whether we want it or not.

I spoke to a GC member and they are relying on First World Labor laws to enforce this deal. They don't trust the Company to honour this or anything else. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the US CBA only lasts until Sept 2019. I think the Canadian one expires at about the same time.

Curtain Rod... To quote you "I don't care" and I will vote to record my protest. I no longer care what agreement the HKAOA and Company strike, because one or other has no intention of honouring any Agreement the moment it gets inconvenient. I thought I had 15.5% P'Fund , pay increments, HDP/EFP scales, all contractually agreed in my COS. The DFO has emailed us all and says she's discussing with the HKAOA reducing our contractually agreed terms. So what's the point in having an agreement?

Clearly, my vote doesn't count, your vote doesn't count, agreements don't count, so I will cast my vote as a protest. I won't rubberstamp this non sense, at least that makes me feel ever so slightly happier when handing over my 1.25% to the HKAOA.

I am sure all you lemmings will dutifully cast your vote and then be shocked when the CMP arrives and looks vastly different to what you voted for.

A bit of protest voting might make both sides realise that, "the troops are revolting". Haha..

Last edited by Liam Gallagher; 3rd Oct 2017 at 08:31.