PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of CX housing..
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 01:03
bacou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Metro man
If you are an expat in Hong Kong, I assume your residence permit is tied to your job ? At least the Aussies could sit at home and wait, where as you’d get a couple of weeks to pack up and go. Does anyone fancy paying for their own accommodation and living expenses if you try to wait it out with no pay or benefits ? I doubt the company would be flying you and your family home in business class either.

Disruption to the Hong Kong economy would have you viewed as “enemies of the people”. Air China could be asked to step in by the government, and even if they had to cancel other flights, the capacity would be found to make an example of you and deter industrial militancy in other sectors. Western pilots winning would cause loss of face which can’t be allowed to happen.

Former CX pilots would also be likely to be blacklisted from future employment in China in the event of a mass resignation.
Leave if you want, but have another job lined up. Monarch going bust has put a large number of pilots onto the job market who are concerned about the next mortgage payment and can’t afford to be too fussy about terms and conditions, don’t end up like them.

Best of luck, we all hope you win.
Do you imagine a Monach 50 year old Captain flying as an SO in CX, I doubt it.

China needs so many Captains that Spring Air only would take them all.
Bonus they would be able to commute and won’t have to move the family.