PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch 4
Thread: Monarch 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2017, 08:43
KelvinD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nemrytter: I agree with what you say re informing passengers etc but I had 2 gripes. The first being your Daily Mail type comment re thousands of passengers being stranded abroad. Totally untrue. The other was with Justin Webb on the Today programme employing the John Humphries school of annoying interviewing. While talking to the chair of the CAA, Dame Deidre Hutton, this morning, he asked about people being stranded here, there and everywhere within milliseconds of her explaining how nobody would be stranded and what efforts were being made to ensure a smooth return of all affected holiday makers. Obviously, he was not listening to her as she spoke and blundered on with potentially inflammatory "non news". (Hence my reference to the annoying Humphries).
I had to smile when they interviewed a woman on holiday somewhere in Northern Italy who said she had been notified she will be returning home today via British Airways. I wonder if she will or will she get a surprise at someone telling her to board a Qatar Airways flight? Their aircraft arrived in UK last night and at least some are operating with BA9**** flight numbers.