PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2017, 21:58
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My unsolicited 2 cents.....!

DEC JCAB only......! As said before, due to a number of applicants failing but also because they are meeting their staffing needs with the upgrade program.

The well.....! As markets in the US specifically are getting better, it is getting dry, it's been drying up for the past couple of years, hence the raise! My guess is that once the news of the improved T&C's spreads we will get more people to bite.

A revolving door......! We have said it many times before that this particular gig works for some and not for others, people are always going to choose a gig close to home if it works for them and as the market is getting better in the US people are trying to go back, that is to be expected but we also have people still applying from the US so the door will continue to revolve I guess.
The Land of OZ......! The same story there, the folks from Q will be going back but we still have some applicants from Oz, the last class only has 3 folks in it because the others cancelled, that seems to be the story lately but that will continue to be the case, the class before that was full. Again, I think that the improved T&C's will have an effect.

The venerable 76......! If you have an issue with the "very old technology" then don't apply! Simple as that. This gig is to fly the 767 and although the 78 will be introduced starting on 2018, there is very little chance that you as a new hire will see that type for several years, and be mindful that as the 78 picks up the passenger routes we are doing now on the 76, then the AJX 76 duties will be mostly cargo if not only cargo...!