PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch 4
Thread: Monarch 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2017, 18:01
Matty J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So this is it then? This really is the end of Monarch? An airline thats been around for as long as i can remember and whom I've travelled with many times.

IMO the mistake was made when they pulled out of Long Haul and decided to focus on short haul, that decision from a business point was absolutely ridiculous. The market is absolutely saturated and yet they chose to compete with Ryanair/EasyJet/Vueling/Norwegian/Wizz Air/Jet2/ and all the other charter airlines!

What they should have done was pulled short haul and beat Norwegian to the punch on the long haul market. I flew to SFB several times over the years and all flights were full and this was NOT in kids holidays! They could have focused on the key destinations popular with Brits such as SFB/CUN/BGI/POP/LRM/MBJ/UVF/ANU/STT/GND/TAB//HOG even SXM and a whole host more! Thats without winter destinations to the east like HKT/MRU/GOI/MBA and others. Nobody has offered any competition to Norwegian and look how they have grown and grown.

There's more than enough long haul destinations there to keep them busy 365 days a year.

A sad day for aviation all caused by a group of morons in a board room somewhere with no clue on how to run a successful business!