PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 380's Massive Structure.
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2003, 16:44
DanAir1-11

Location: Amidst the dust and the flies, somewhere in Western Australia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My I offer 2 points.

Firstly, From what perspective do you question the integrity of the A380 design. Are you of an engineering background? and if so, could you offer any reason that the team of design engineers at the Airbus bureau, with their immense experience, resources and technology have failed to account for the pointsthat you have raised.

Secondly, as another user has already pointed out, Wake turbulence is not going to destroy an aircraft. I say this with the following qualifications - that is unless it is at a point in flight where it is either at minimums with a crew who for whatever reason fail to detect it in sufficient time, or, in the initial climbout immediately after climbout, both of these scenarios involve damages or ultimately destruction with ground impact at the causative factor, Wake turbulence itself will not break up an aircraft.

Airbus simply would never receive COA if the suspected 'flaws' you suggest were possible, indeed Airbus would not have advanced the design past the point where anything such was proved to be conclusive.