PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 150, what are your toughts about this nice little bird?
Old 30th Sep 2017, 18:24
150 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love mine to pieces

Bought it immediately after PPL for just over £10k. Engine had 700 hours left so it will be time that gets it to overhaul not hours. Over 10,000 hours on the airframe. Five years on I’ve flown her nearly 300 hours and can’t imagine not owning her.

40 degree flap is really useful for short grass strip landings, with a head wind you can land it like a helicopter. Although I confess that if faced with a cross wind landing I only use 30 degrees

I’ve spent a fortune on avionics (833 radios and mode s transponder), worth bearing in mind that the aircraft is IMC certified day and night. It came with ADF, DME, ILS and two radios

Cruises at 90-95 knots and I do a fair number of longish trips a year (East Anglia to West Country) and get out the other end refreshed.

Need to watch fuel loading if two large-ish chaps are in it). And you’ll get to know your passenger well !

Stalling... I went up today to practice some skills, stalling included. At clean configuration, wings level, stall warner blaring, power off and the stick full back it just wouldn’t drop. ASI read 15 knots and it was still flying!

For sure, if I won the lottery I’d probably buy a Ciruus. But that would be in addition to...

My first car was a 2CV, wish I still had that.