PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 CTS VP Anthony Petteford on Contracts and Conditions
Old 30th Sep 2017, 11:32
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As it stands you do maximum a year (ish) on Flexicrew with sick pay as an employee. You'll quickly move on to a new entrant contract as an employee of eJ with all of the benefits I describe above. I'd imagine it's £42000 ish these days. Then a year after that you're FO on a good wage and 2 years after that SFO on a bloody good wage. But even if I was back in day one of my career it would be eJ all the way if I had a choice. I appreciate not many have a choice but FR is not a long term career for many.

No self employment nonsense. Sick pay from day one. I'm not sure of the specifics but from what I hear it's straight on to the NEC soon with no Flexicrew. I went sick, fatigued, unfit significantly more than most due to a range of issues and not once was I pressured, hounded or intimidated. Quite the opposite. And I still got made permanent. I'm not sure id be so confident of that at FR. But I no longer know anyone who works there as they moved on so maybe it would be the same. But a recent Terms an Endearment post of a former FR pilot seems they have a differ approach to such things. Reassuring for those of you with a £100,000 noose around your necks.

I'll admit that eJ isn't perfect and a few years back was pretty terrible. These days it's one of the best gigs in own especially if you're in a non London base. But if it's a London base you're after then it simply HAS to be BA.

Last edited by HeartyMeatballs; 30th Sep 2017 at 11:49.