PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2017, 10:34
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you just want the authorities to sweep under the carpet the fact there as problems with EU261 and passengers getting their rights across quite a few airlines who are not fully complying then that is your choice at the end of the day.

However as a consumer I want to see EU261 regulations RIGIDLY enforced across the entire industry, if you take a look at quite a few airlines websites you will see that there are quite a few who don't seem to see it the way the CAA have said Ryanair should see it.

Personally I don't stand with any organisation or airline this, I stand with the consumer and as a consumer I want to see the antics of denying passengers their rights clamped down on across the whole industry rather than the aissez-faire approach to regulation of this regulation we have seen until now.

And for avoidance of doubt I don't think this is a problem that is a CAA one, I think it's a wider industry one and there have been reports and complaints going back a very long time in many states about how carriers are handling EU261 legislation and it needs to be dealt with.

Ryanair are by no means angels, but you're exceptionally naive if you think that all other airlines are telling everyone all of their rights and offering them everything they have to in the way that CAA has said Ryanair have to.