PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 22:24
gtseraf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few years ago the company decided they would only look at DEC's who had a JCAB licence. What led to this was a high failure rate of non JCAB licensed DEC pilots.I guess there thinking was that a JCAB licence holder would know the Japanese system better and would improve the chances of success, I have no proof , but I don't think it made a huge difference. The way DEC's are trained makes it a very demanding option. I don't think getting a JCAB licence on your own is a practical option, the language would be one of the many problems.If one really wanted to come work here, I think it may be a safer option to join as an FO and then wait your turn for the upgrade. Just saying!

All new hires will have their licences converted to JCAB during the training period.

The requirements, as far as experience goes, are pretty firm. If you really want the answer, submit an application. The worst they can do is say "no"

The documentation we received about the bonus scheme said the bonus was for the next 5 years. It is not written into our contract yet, only an email from Air Japan. Whether the bonus will be paid after 5 years, who knows?