PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet desperate for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 17:41
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting thread so far.

Are Easyjet going to be short of pilots? No, doubt they will be to the extent of the blue and yellow mob unless it's a shortage of experienced captains. Whilst I'm under the impression their T&Cs don't match what was available in the industry twenty years ago, they're good enough to seemingly prevent a lot people from going to Norwegian or other carriers. Shame they don't take modular types straight out of training but that's a different debate altogether.

I've read gbotley's blog (or at least fair bits of it) and even though I'm strongly against the way integrated is funded, it does seem a reasonably good blog when it comes to practical matters, such as the assessment process, the way training is structured, transport to/from the accommodation etc. Of course he's not going to be overly negative when using his real name to write about an organisation which could massively help or hinder him finding a job at the end. That's common sense and unfortunately it is a practical reality of training that despite trainees paying huge sums of money, the flight schools do have a firm grip of candidates due to the schools' connections with the airlines. Anyone reading any blog about aviation training should be aware of that.

It can, I believe be a fairly small industry so when researching the industry or a specific training school with an attitude to beginning training, get an opinion from as many informed people as you can from a reasonably diverse background and see what the consensus is. Factor in anything which could influence the opinion of individuals or a group as a whole. Basic common sense.