PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 14:21
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
I think what irritates me is that the regulator are only taking action when it hits the headlines, when it appears to have been standard practice amongst some airlines for years. Certainly I was one of hundreds of EZY pax who were refused alternative travel in BCN last year.
My sentiments exactly, it's not a good sign of a regulator when they are only regulating and standing up for passenger rights re-actively rather than proactively dealing with all of those who are not complying with EU regulations.

You should put a claim into Easyjet right now and use the CAA's letter and their interpretation of the rules as basis for that so they have to pay out, if they don't write to the CAA and push them to force Easyjet to do it.

If they still don't do it write to the EC and complain that Easyjet is not adhering to European regulations and the CAA are refusing to enforce EU regulations as is their duty as the regulator in the UK.

I'm not defending Ryanair here, simply saying that this is far from just a Ryanair issue, the fact that airlines have been able to get away with it for so long is the reason that so many airlines are at it since they knew the regulator has been toothless in the past.