PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet desperate for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 10:56
gbotley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverserbucket,

Perhaps I should have made that clearer - I'm Whitetail, not MPL. I agree conversational development around the point is to be expected; but I feel it became quite personal towards me at times which is partly the reason for my statement. You are correct in that easyJet, like many of their competitors, seem to want Captains. This industry was once described to me as a bucket with holes in. To plug the holes you need new employees; but training said employees takes time. This training is also important in this issue given the demand for TRI/TREs at many carriers which I guess is also holding things up at other ends of the timeline.

In truth I guess the main answer to the original question is, for as long as easyJet and other airlines have a large number of integrated self-funded fATPL graduates then full sponsorship is unlikely. I thank you for your kind comments and best wishes; and apologise if I/you/we misunderstood one another. That's sadly the downside of text based communication at times. :/