PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 09:57
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've also been told by Easyjet and BA and others in the past NO as well and I know many people who have had the same problem but as I said before, nobody was interested in getting involved with that or standing up for consumers then which could open up a whole can of worms for other airlines and the CAA since surely it means that anyone in the last few years who was denied and still has the paperwork can claim against the other airlines and the CAA will be forced to act and force the other airlines to compensate or the person could then sue them?

I can see there being a lot of money in this, in that this will set a prescedent for everyone who has been refused these things in the past and are going to be able to use this action to force other airlines who refused in the last few years to pay up or be sued, because believe me this problem is much more wider than Ryanair.

I'm unsure why the CAA are talking about compensation in addition for refunds and re-routing under EU261 etc for flights in November and December because some of the clauses only apply if the flight was cancelled within 14 days.