PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 09:53
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DublinPole
I just had a look around a few other airlines in relation to how they deal with cancellations and it seems that the CAA have their work cut out, Aer Lingus and Easyjet had very good detail

However some on their cancellation pages don't even mention compensation/expenses/EU261 at all
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/informatio...-information#/

Surely that cannot be compliant with what the CAA are asking for? Why are Ryanair being targeted here and nobody else? (is how it seems?)
I think it's more to do with EU law not been offered even when passengers in the know ask for alternative airlines they have been told NO
I don't think any airline is obligated to list what the law is but when things go this bad and people are being denied their rights the CAA are looking for a company announcement saying they will follow EU law and letting people who aren't in the know what their rights are I don't think this would have happened if Ryanair hadn't told people lies and then when they got caught out tried to interpret the law saying (via internal memo) that they could offer alternative airlines and airports as long as it didn't cost 3x the original ticket price.