PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Chief Pilot gets the Axe
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 06:56
Ollie Onion

Received 215 Likes on 74 Posts
Look left, sadly that is the risk you run when you enter a seniority based airline and take a Management job or Checking Position which affords a base and rank out of seniority. When the wheels stop then you may find yourself having to slot back in where your number allows you, I didn't mean that safety was 'better' as such but that we had made good progress from MM going nuts at every incident and summoning crew to head office for a bollocking followed by 2 sims, 10 sectors line training and a check to line even if the event was something along the lines of not having the right document on the aircraft. I think Georgina has started us off done a good path and as you say there are some top and obvious candidates for the job, whether any of them get it remains to be seen. I think that as the Cheif Pilot is meant to be the 'pilots' rep at management level the Company should produce a short list of 3 or 4 candidates and then the pilot group should be balloted to select the person who gets the job :-)

Last edited by Ollie Onion; 29th Sep 2017 at 06:57. Reason: Ss