PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 01:36
leeds 65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sober Lark,your mistaking EFI for me I think.

Spent many years in Ryanair, wanted to fly long haul so had to leave to chase that 'dream'.

High standard of training,engineering,roster is the best in the industry by far. Professional colleagues. Couldn't spend 30 years with them though.

The media make me laugh. Ryanair said that 250 pilots are joining quickly in the next few weeks. The media doesn't know but that is mainly type rating cadets (more then likely,don't know for sure). You can't fly without Captains,It doesn't matter how many cadets there are, (2500 on a waiting list?saw that number too).Media very unsophisticated so ryanair can say anything in a press conference and get away with it. The problem is selling too many flights online while misjudging the number of crew/legitimate awkward leave year.

Also Ryanair are almost always factually wrong with figures and information released in INFORMAL radio interviews/press conferences. But they are always correct DIRECTIONALLY. Thats all the public care about.The public are bored/dont understand facts,figures and numbers. For example if O leary says 5% of pilots leave each year (the real figure could be 7-10%) he gets away with that and the media let him away with it because its directionally accurate i,e Pilots are leaving. Same with saying 250 pilots are joining immediately. The real figure could be 200 mainly cadets. But the public just hear 'pilots joining'. Directionally correct and sounds good. In the eyes of the public,it passes the sniff test.I know it shouldn't but it does.

I was asked recently by a person outside the industry if there were lots of involuntary redundancies because ryanair are cancelling flights. Seriously,large members of the public think its a corporate downsizing decision because of all the bluster about pilots leaving, joining,no they can't have leave,yes they can have leave. Being directionally correct but factually wrong works with the public. They can't and don't play that game with analysts.

Not a nice airline but a great business. €50 million euro in costs - they would prefer not to have it due to there own poor corporate planning of manpower v aircraft but its peanuts. They are forecasting 1.4 - 1.45 billion net profit this year. The 50 million won't make that range change.

Buy the shares. Cheap