PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 00:56
gordonfvckingramsay

Received 730 Likes on 197 Posts
Wow!! I read this article and found a couple of interesting points.

Firstly, he's hiding something, the use of words such as "boo-boo", "a bit on the low side" and "goodies" etc. is classic baby talk used when trying to trivialize a serious situation. "Houston, we have a problem" that understatement of the century is used to convey the "relax, I got this" persona. In this case, I doubt he does, but he wants the world and the shareholders to think he does.

Secondly, he's using non-descript and leading language to make pilots feel like they have something to lose if they don't capitulate. That word "goodies" suggests surprises or hidden treasures which could in fact be a bag of minties. This practice is deeply laced with basic oppressive behaviour.

Thirdly, he paints himself as a great admirer of his pilots and the proceeds to justify his approach to them by quoting the lowest figure he could find to denigrate them publicly. It's a bit like prefacing an insult with "no offence". The reader is being laced with positives before the insult.

I hope this guy is thoroughly investigated and then ousted for being the maniac he appears to be. I also hope this is the beginning of a phase of transparency when it comes to LCCs and their inability to actually produce the goods for the shareholders. I'd be pulling my money out if I was an investor.