PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Chief Pilot gets the Axe
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2017, 00:22
FlareArmed2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Citizen
...you really have your hand on it if you thinking flying in China is so much better than Australia
Didn't say it was better than Australia, I said it was better than JQ. And it is, in fact, the best (or equal best) job I've ever had. Maybe I've just had bad airlines lol.

There are many, many airlines in China, so tarring them all with the same brush is ridiculous. You wouldn't claim that every airline in Australia is the same, would you?

It is also interesting to see the CAAC at work, compared to CASA. They are far more proactive. They hand out massive penalties to airlines, not just in the millions of $, but also restrict expansion for x years or put other limits on a company in response to safety issues. I get the impression that the airline management have a real fear of the CAAC and do everything they can to make sure the operation is safe and by the book.

The amount of flying in China is extraordinary, the sheer number of people is amazing. It's a fascinating place to live and work.

Originally Posted by John Citizen
Do you need me to quote some stories ?
No thanks, I think I've got a better understanding than you do. Your attempt to derail an interesting discussion is not really helpful.

Some posters here indicate the recent CP was attempting to change/improve the culture at JQ. If so, I applaud her efforts. I wish everyone at JQ the best and I hope things improve.

It's very hard to change a company's culture. Look at EK, probably the same or a little worse than 20 years ago. Or CX, same comment. I don't know what JQ is like today, maybe it's exceptional.

Everyone has their limits. I reached mine and left.

Last edited by FlareArmed2; 29th Sep 2017 at 00:41. Reason: Added some more info on working in China