PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fallon Warns Boeing
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2017, 18:33
Lonewolf_50

Received 416 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by Icare9
What the US have done by imposing a 220% tariff is to expose themselves to ridicule and pot/kettle comparisons. This is America under Trump where bluster and hyperbole count more than facts and truth.

... but what do I know? 4,000 jobs in NI and UK on the line? Let's see a sensible compromise.... uh oh, perhaps sensible is too much to ask of politicians....
What you seem to not know is how to read.

Would it be too much to ask you to bother to read the thread, and the link I provided to the R&N thread before you engage in hysterics? The USITC (look it up, I did) has yet to review this, and the ball is still in play. No tariff increase is in place (so far) and there is plenty of time to challenge this proposal. (As I am sure is being done.)

Now, go back to the first page of this thread, read my post, and then go to the link @R&N where a few wiser heads have made some point about this being *a game still with time on the clock and the ball in play* among the noise and crying, rending of teeth, and gnashing of garments. (Hmm, or the other way around).

For the record, I am not sure of all that's behind this. I don't like tariff wars. They are too often a case of lose/lose. This appears to me to be a negotiating tactic, or an attempt to slip one by that got caught. Not sure). As I see it, Boeing seems to have pulled the old "never hurts to try" and we'll see whether or not they succeed.