PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 777 loses wing panel over Osaka
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2017, 06:39
paradoxbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if this adds to the discussion at all; the incidents could be unrelated and I haven't found any news so far about investigation details but..

Earlier this month an ANA 767 based out of RJAA (If I remember right) lost a panel TWICE. I thought it was bad Chinese maintenance when I read about the 767 as it had been flying out of a Chinese airport, but now who knows. Of course it could just be a coincidence. Lost the panel on one flight, landed safely at destination, had panel replaced and then it came off again in flight. Both times landed without incident but I don't have details on what the butcher's bill was re: airframe damage.

Three panels, same airport (different companies) in the space of a month - could be unlucky coincidence but it is worth checking out the maintenance procedures as well as preflight procedures. Everyone be vigilant on your walkarounds. Hard to spot missing screws on the ground but do your best.. Maybe walkarounds with the 20something year old flight attendants with their eagle eyes would be a nice diversion from the normal