PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No job,no future!
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2017, 04:40
Cat1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same for me but I have 25 years civilian experience, 5 trades under the old system, lots of group 20's and 21's. Been Avionics manager and Engineering manager for two large regionals but spent most of my career hands on, never came across an aircraft I couldn't fix, proud of my perfect record.
The problem for me is threefold.
First, EASA made my qualifications nearly worthless because everyone could be 5 trades if they wished by doing some short courses. I did 60 exams and 2500hrs of SOE to get 5 trades plus I had 8 years in RAAF where I was three trades and I had to do the entire course for each trade as it was a experimental system, first three trade in the RAAF.
Second, the flood of EASA 457 visa holders with make believe qualifications who will work for peanuts in exchange for citizenship destroyed the job market in Australia.
Third, my last employer and I had a disagreement due to my unwillingness to pencil whip jobs and the maintenance controllers SOE.
Therefor I haven't got a good reference for my last few years in aviation and the job was very specialized and secretive.
I could find work in say Mount Isa working for little reward and lots of risk but I work in construction industry now doing home automation. Its boring but well paid and I sleep at home most nights.

Last edited by Cat1234; 28th Sep 2017 at 04:51.