PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Piston Engine Curfew - Essendon Airport
Old 27th Sep 2017, 23:34
unexplained blip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jabawocky
Just another step closer to redevelopment into retail or commercial property.
Seems to me that it is more like: (i) a strong statement than YMEN is here to stay (Proposal 1); (ii) throwing a tiny part of GA under a bus (Proposal 2), as a ceremonial sacrifice to the public in exchange for bizjet services landing at any time of night (Proposal 3).

I am a pprune lurker, not a pilot, but I do live at the highest point about 1km from the eastern threshold of the 08-26 runway, and so get much of the landing noise. I especially support the right of the DC3 to fly over any time it likes.

But bizjet landing movements at any time? ... hmm. The late evening bizjets, o/head and then using reverse thrust on landing, are the least desirable element.

From the document, for helicopters and piston a/c "In the quarter ending November 2016, there were a total of 607 movements of which 584 were emergency movements and 23 movements were non-emergency". So, actually sweet FA going on. When standing outside on a quiet night, for the little piston a/c (about as loud as someone mowing a lawn two blocks away), the main noise concern is in it actually giving up the ghost this side of Pascoe Vale Road.

Somewhat looking forward to the possibility of 717s during the day (Proposal 1). Might ruffle some feathers across the road - the elderly homeowners still claim to have some cracked windows from when 727 ops were introduced prior to Tullamarine opening.