PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prince Harry can't fly helicopters (Labour Party Conference)
Old 27th Sep 2017, 15:58
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outrage aside, this is good news. There are plenty of dumbarses in politics - in all parties. And by dumb, I mean not top drawer in old IQ department. Many of them could not become a top lawyer, a fast jet pilot, a consultant surgeon, etc etc, because they just don't have the nous.

I realise I am generalizsing ofc, and that there are some very talented, high achieving intellectually gifted MPs as well...I would opine they are perhaps trending towards the minority in the modern era.

And one characteristic of blockheads in general is the way they react to short term success - arrogance, smugness, complacency etc. Watching clips of the labour party conference this week I was struck as too how much of that is going on...all sorts of random crap the Macdonald bloke for example, yeah my policies might cost the British economy billions...so what, who cares.

The British public absolutely hate this sort of smug complacent arrogance. Theresa May just discovered that...so did Kinnock in the early nineties.

Bring it on...they'll soon find out how that approach works for them at the ballot box.