PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2017, 15:16
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is 95% of the media coverage about this whole issue coming from RYR management sources and so little repost & response from the flight crew being reported? Why is there so much alleged mis-information or 'being economical with the truth' 'alternative facts' being reported with no counter/balanced arguments being aired? If IALPA or BALPA have such a sleepy or inept PR department then they are missing an opportunity to help themselves big time. Equally, the media need only do a 'fact check' themselves to ridicule the rubbish (e.g. 18hr weeks and €150,000pa salaries, no zero hour contracts etc.) and then publish the truth. It is amazing how this situation is being played out. The 2% affected pax are screaming and the rest are blind-eyeing it and possibly believing 'the company line'. Perhaps there are some fireworks in the pipeline. I still expect this to carry on until next summer and then it might all unravel.
I found it amusing to read RYR are cancelling the STN EDI/GLA routes for the winter and offering alternative flights (or refunds). If you really want to go to Scotland on business I wonder which alternative flights could be interesting? Let the train take the strain. Door to door it'll be the same and in better comfort. Let easy jet resurrect The Scottish Shuttle from LTN & STN. On the hour every hour alternating LTN/STN. Go for it Orange: back to your roots(routes; it's how you started)

Last edited by RAT 5; 27th Sep 2017 at 16:33.