PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 2 Medical: Two Sets of Specs for Assessment
Old 27th Sep 2017, 08:29
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's okay, it's not just CASA The JCAB (Japanese) LOVE this bull and they certainly do test the glasses as well as the person. At my last medical I did the eyesight test without glasses and passed. Well done me but it didn't end there. The girl saw that I had glasses in my hand (since I couldn't leave them anywhere else and was in the eyesight department) and I explained that at night I get a bit of short-sightedness but surely that's irrelevant. No, no!! Even more unfortunate was I had a pair of progressive glasses (since my near-sight is pretty much spot on) and a straight pair of glasses for the bit of short-sight. Well, first of all was the sucking of teeth to decide if that counted as two pairs of glasses....all the while ignoring the very fact that I did not need them....eventually, after raising my blood pressure a bit and suggesting the whole bloody thing was stupid and that I'd come back another day with NO glasses on my person, they relented and decided that it was almost okay. But wait, "now you have glasses you must do a test with the glasses". No, no kidding. Even though I'm fine without, I then had to do the whole thing again, TWICE, using the progressive and straight prescription (even though they're both the same strength). Near sight AND far sight, the whole gambit. 1:20 for the eyesight test!!! That was in addition to waiting for the girl to test the glasses....both pairs of course.

SO, maybe, taking two pairs of cheaters to the CASA doc isn't such a problem