PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lakenheath working too hard?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2003, 06:30
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the other hand Tim, you could have squawked 7000, talked to no one until within the cover of Brize Radar and no one would have been any the wiser.

Perhaps I could amplify my earlier remarks (none of which are a critisim of you and what you did);

1) We (NWI) would probably have provided you with a RIS if you'd called and explained the situation, at least if Lakenheath had seen an aircraft on one of our squawks they would have either coordinated with us or avoided it completely.
2) At the southern edge of D208 you're on the edge of the LARS coverage of Coltishall, and despite WWW's inane comments, the zone is combined with a UHF commitment, and this makes them busy little soldiers.
3) Although you would have been within the notified LARS coverage of Wattisham, you wouldn't have been for very long, hence my comments.

Your flight path was in one of the many of the UK's "grey areas" - surrounded by airfields with no one to get a proper service from, you had difficult choices to make not being familiar and all that, but I hope this helps if we haven't put you off from ever coming back to Norfolk.