PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet desperate for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2017, 22:34
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been interesting to see the change over the last year of whitetail cadets posting Instagram photos of AQC passes and then very soon after job offers and TR training to now many drying up after AQC with the odd photo of some entry level airside aviation jobs, hardly 'living the dream'. I can't imagine it is a comfortable place to be in considering the looming repayments in the distance for those without bank of mum and dad, poor souls.
I see some who are struggling to get jobs even have the honour of working for L3 as "Airline Pilot Careers Advisors", though I notice this is a sales position with targets rather than based on the honesty of those cadet's experience, can't be easy selling the dream you're not living yet.

L3 sure appears to be the place of choice to be on a tagged scheme and I'd go with them on a heartbeat for that, but for those enrolling on whitetail the odds are turning, it seems not a fortnight goes by when another CP starts. I wonder how much these new people know about the hold pools filling up, I have friends who have resigned themselves since April to wait an entire year for an interview with a partner or otherwise have to compete against modular cadets, many now asking "What did I pay extra for."

Seeing as L3 has rebranded now, maybe the new brochures can be redesigned to spell out the risks of whitetail a bit clearer, it's only fair rather than the smoke and mirrors "Training Sponsorship", ultimately on whitetail you are a paying customer, no scholar.

In the last year I have been totally put off whitetail and have advised others to consider the same as I can foresee the hold pool turning into a hold ocean as tagged cadets on large schemes take all the places whitetails once took and CP after CP backs up into the pools, while once again the debt looms, which is a shame as there are some great individuals, some of them friends, in whitetail.

I hope you come out of L3 with all the luck you can get Gbotley after writing such fantastic and honest blog posts. I think you might need it!