PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates: New "Acid" test after Recurrent SIM!
Old 26th Sep 2017, 17:44
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Seaman Staynes
I was talking more about the few guys / gals who saunter into the briefing room with a couple of minutes to go until its time to go to the bus, complaining about being picked up late yet still have a coffee in hand, obviously don't have any time for anything at home - dirty shoes, half ironed shirt etc etc! These guys and gals mostly continue with this laissez faire attitude during the flight most likely chair back, speaker on also trying to text their mates whilst you're not looking!!
It's a generational thing I suppose and I've seen it in the U.S. in recent years as well.

I've seen video games on the iPhone while PF on climbout in Chinese metric RVSM. Texting and doing Instagram selfies while taxiing a widebody. Popping a GoPro out unannounced to record HD video of the cockpit when the throttles come up on a max gross takeoff roll.

And, if you say anything, you are the bad guy for being insensitive to your coworker's needs.