PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2017, 11:17
Danny42C

olympus (#11264),

Thank you, Sir ! - an inspiring story.

CoodaShooda (#11268),

..." he found he could relate to Geoffrey Wellham's emotional experiences as a student pilot"... I don't quite know what those might have been, but I've often thought that flyng training is to some degree a spiritual exercise - but have been too bashful to put my thoughts into print. Now it doesn't matter any more - so I've said it. Have others had experiences of this kind ?

Now CoodaKid 3 is exactly what we need ! Get him aboard here (it would do fine as his callsign) - unless, of course, he's here already, and he can be the Onlie Begetter of "Gaining a R.A.A.F. Pilot's Brevet in Oz" (or "In the Cold War", or whatever takes his fancy). And we can pass the baton to him; we can sit back, and he can have the best seat near the stove in our ancient Cybercrewroom. .... CoodaDad, it's up to you ! (Show him this).

btw, is there any movement on the put-together-another-Vengeance-bitsa front ? Thought there were a couple of groups out there scouring the land for scraps D.

Brian 48nav (#11270), and Chugalug,

What can I say ? - I am so sorry. Got the calculator out - oh, dear ! So I'm losing my marbles at last. There was nearly an Airlift II in summer 1961, when the Wall sprang up overnight in Berlin, and it looked as if Khruschev was going to "have another go", and Danny was hastily dragged to Gatow as one of the few people who remembered how to work the old MPN-1 "Bendix" they had there (the "Stephenson's Rocket" of GCAs), and, stupidly, had not timely replaced with a CPN-4 in the fond belief that it was "Peace in Our Time"). Chugalug, you and your Hastings would've been in nice time for that. Perhaps that was on my mind (the Past keeps getting telescoped) Mea Maxima Culpa!

Danny.