PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2017, 10:56
vikingivesterled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAT5 - GJP : I thought we where discussing those things under terms, but;
I'm sure some pilots want a high sector pay and organising their own tax affairs, instead of a seriously reduced one to cover expenses transfered to the airline like withheld and employers taxes plus some of the soundries like water, food, travels and hotels. Not to talk about the higthened tax & social expense implications of local contracts for some countries. And job security could be no higher by local contracts if they are organized through local freestanding companies, just owned by Ryanair instead of the pilots themselves. Are you sure getting writh of the niggly irritations are worth it.
But there could be a 2 tier option, hence my earlier post:

It is time for Ryanair to get a real cross-functional Deputy CEO, with a seat on the board, so it can work on more options for the future. O'Leary would keep an eye on proceedings and work as a back-out plan until some years down the line he could take his rightful place as a working Chairman.
This person would need to have experience from how all parts of the airline functions, be focused on the core values but at the same time be a person of trust/truth and have creative ideas on how to adjust the path.