PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 26th Sep 2017, 07:34
jmvdb22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the positive email yesterday, I'll give a short summary of what happened.

I applied June 2016 (graduated from (integrated) flight school late May). Never heard a thing until last 28th of July. Was a standard mailing if I was still interested. Then the 11th of August I got an email saying my application was not complete and I needed to upload an additional document (flight school report). I uploaded it the 15th of August. Then the 4th of September I got the email saying I would be called within 2 weeks, this happened 2 days later. I got invited to the assessment day on the 19th of september.

I have an (f)ATPL with just over 250 TT and everything just revalidated.

For the day itself:

We had to be there at 8am(local time). There were 8 people invited, one called in sick so we were with 7. All were from different countries. They paired us up and 3 of us got put together for the sim. During the sim of the first two everyone but 1 went outside to get some air, which up the schedule, so I was put in the group of 3 in stead of him. This also made me go as last in the afternoon(about 3pm) in stead of around 10 am.

I first went for the interview. They first went through my documents a bit and the captain that did part of the interview asked a bit about my hours and what I filled in on the application form. Then I got some tech questions like:

MEP from training:
xwind limit
type of engines(I said what I knew and explained that it was too long ago to go in full detail)
MCC-aircraft:
T/O speeds used

There were some more ofcourse, but I don't remember them.

Some of the HR questions were:
What flight school/why?
How did the training go/why I took over 2 years(bankrupt flight school etc.)
Why Ryanair?
Hardest part of training
My strenghts
How will i pay for the tr

Then I went for the sim. One of the guys that did the sim earlier went in with me, he wasn't being assessed on that(or so they said haha)

I believe as I was the last the captain that was with me in the sim was fed up with being there and rushed things a bit.

We did the TNT 2N departure, but after the initial turn we were told to maintain our heading. Then we did some climbing, descending and decelerating. He asked us were we thought we were and then we went for the ILS approach. This is where I think he was rushed a bit, as I didn't get any kind of emergency or whatever.

Then the other guy was PF and I had to do my PM part. The flight was basically the same, just some small differences and the captain was even more rushed. In the beginning of that flight he was basically in between me and the PF which made me being PM impossible, luckily he eased off a bit which made me able to do my part haha.

After that we all went back to our hotel and some already left to the airport to catch there flights that afternoon.

I know one guy got the rejection email in the morning, the acceptance emails were send halfway in the afternoon, but I think they forgot about it, as it started with good morning haha. The options they gave us were 27th of November in AMS and 1st of January in EMA, I hope to get the first haha.

For my preparation I used this forum (thanks all for that), information I got from people I knew that recently got hired and I did a simulator session based on that in a FTD the weekend before.

I hope this helps a bit!

Last edited by Jetdriver; 26th Sep 2017 at 08:01.