PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 25th Sep 2017, 18:53
Dougie M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Fella
I only remember once seeing a C130A model with its distinctive "Jiminy Cricket" nose and that belonged to a Reserve unit in the States. I do however recall some time in Adelaide when we went to recover some maritime detritus from a Nimrod detachment at Edinburgh Field after a Fincastle competition. There was some concern about just how much Hazardous Cargo was safe to transport so we were in the home of Two Dogs for a couple of days. On a foray downtown and trying to look in with the much younger crew I was denied entrance to a club because I was wearing jeans. "They are black denim trousers" I protested to no avail. For a garrulous race the Aussies can be quite taciturn when it suits. Anyway I found a bar not too far away fairly close to the uni. A couple of girl studes drifted in much later and said "C'mon Grandpa. Buy us a drink and we'll make you look good". Knowing the $99 cocktails around I said "Only if you're drinking beer at bar prices" "O.K." they said just before the rest of the crew came in saying "We have permanent hearing loss from that place and you can get arrested for being a paedo with these two". The girls fled but my cred was enhanced. I noticed that Adelaide has no twin U.K. city. I would suggest Surbiton.