PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPAS Gongs
Thread: RPAS Gongs
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2017, 15:50
NutLoose

Received 2,930 Likes on 1,250 Posts
Originally Posted by just another jocky
That is unworthy of you.

As a minimum, RAF RPAS pilots must pass EFT (a bespoke course with more hours and skills than the current EFT).

Perhaps we should be looking at a "significant contribution to ops" medal? These guys & girls have done more than probably any other group to forward the operational outcomes of the war in Syria & Iraq. The fact that they don't get officially recognised for their outstanding and immensely difficult and personally onerous task is a disgrace.
Hands up, but it wasn't what I meant, I was trying to get across that they hadn't gone through the same full sylabus as a air based pilot as opposed to a desk based...

These guys & girls have done more than probably any other group to forward the operational outcomes of the war in Syria & Iraq. The fact that they don't get officially recognised for their outstanding and immensely difficult and personally onerous task is a disgrace.
As have all the other staff supporting them, it wasnt a matter of if they should but what they should get, as should the rest of those involved, my comments are that it should not be the same as those in the "frontline" Ie in the threat zone, whether you then do it with a rosette or some other mark, such as I suggested a bar marked RPA Syria etc.