PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2017, 12:48
GEB74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOAN ALERT ON
Had a new reason to moan about MAN last week.......
As usual pre-booked into Multistorey Carpark (T1 this time).
After usual queue up the entry ramp, saw two tatty cones in front of barrier. NO signage or explanation.
Now - as a regular user, knew the way round this is to drive (sorry, painfully slowly queue) through the dropoff zone and enter the Multistorey via the back entrance barriers (adding to the dropoff zone delays)
Got in the Multistorey to find it was completely full (hence I guess the cones at the front stopping non-prebooked shortstayers)
I spent 15-20 minutes driving all round the levels trying to find a space - along with many other people as we kept repeatedly passing each other. Was about to dump the car in one of their "Premium Spaces" (only half full) and leave a snotty note on the dash, but got a space in the end.
Not a good impression when you "Pre-Book" a space only to find there is none.
Not good for the airport that I then had 20 minutes less to spend money in the Terminal.
Obvious questions:
Why no explanatory sign at the entrance to the carpark - How hard is it to put a sign saying carparks basically full and only available to pre-bookers?. Why is the IT sales systems availability of spaces runs so tight the situation even occurs?
Why can't they adjust the entrance to the dropoff area so it uses the left hand lane of the entry sliproad ramp and leave the right lane open for the multi-storey - Yes, I understand the roadway closest to the Terminal doors is closed for security reasons, but it should be possible to put up a steel blast wall to at least allow the droppoff zone to be filtered in from left hand lane only, so multi-storey bookers would not normally queue.
Before anyone asks the usual - Yes, I have emailed the Airport!
Just sums the airport up for me a lot nowadays. Too busy, poor planning, poor communication and underinvested.
MOAN ALERT OFF

For balance - Directed downstairs to Jet2 security area as upstairs was busy. Through in 15 minutes. Food in under 5 minutes, seat available. Boarding lounge fine, gate staff fine.