PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 2 Medical: Two Sets of Specs for Assessment
Old 25th Sep 2017, 01:28
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
As pilots we manage risk every day, thats what we do.

Over the past few years, in particular, the nanny state has really cranked it up and now we have the security theatre managing the risk of terrorism, we have part 61 managing the risk of someone actually getting something productive done, we have casa medical managing the risk of someone actually being able to earn a living.

As a society we appear to have abrogated our rights and accepted that we need to be wrapped in a shroud of protective legislation, oddly I feel less protected.

There are countries and jurisdictions where there is nowhere near enough protections, and that is equally as bad - i personally think we have gone too far the other way.

Somewhere in the middle would be nice, where there are actually consequences associated with personal actions and people hopefully learn from their mistakes and the mistakes of others - not the current situation where mistakes and errors are legislated out of existance.

PS Clinton, I liked your response to the discussion paper, well done