PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-4
Thread: Bournemouth-4
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2017, 21:42
shamrock7seal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest think MAG is bullying Ryanair when it comes to BOH.

I heard a rumour that Ryanair promised BOH/MAG it would pay more after the Terminal and runway was upgraded and would base 5 aircraft. However after the construction was complete during the financial crisis Ryanair changed their minds. MAG told Ryanair they had to increase the airport charges to help pay off the debt and Ryanair told them to get lost - including literally removing the second based aircraft that they had just added and removed winter flying completely.

MAG knows that Ryanair makes a lot of money from BOH. But i'm afraid Ryanair will not be bullied by MAG. Ryanair definitely made money (more than just covering DVC's) on Nantes, Madrid, Shannon, Prestwick, Ibiza, Carcassonne and more but have pulled the number of aircraft based. Now we are left with just the mega profitable services that Ryanair didn't want to give up and have accepted they need to pay more. They will NOT expand unless MAG do something proactive with Ryanair and reduce the charge.

I guess we need to be thankful we still have a year-round based aircraft and half a million Ryanair customers?

*Not sure if it was mentioned previously but easyJet is starting BOH-GVA earlier this year on 9th Dec instead of 15th as previous years.

Last edited by shamrock7seal; 24th Sep 2017 at 22:22.