PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2017, 12:43
ETOPS

Received 100 Likes on 42 Posts
I'm going with a completely open mind, will make I'm through security with plenty of time to spare and will "go with the flow" - if I can find a decent wifi signal I will let you know my thoughts.
Arrived in T2 at 11.45am yesterday. Fairly busy terminal and a queue at the Monarch branded check in desks. There seemed to be enough staff as we moved pretty steadily through the "snake" - a smart move by the ground staff saw the Hainan branded check in pressed into use after their last pax were processed. At security just after midday where again pretty busy. Moved steadily through the system but - the shouting and bawling by the security staff threatened to spoil things. How do they get that graceless tone in their voices? Lessons from Vancouver security needed - the Canadians are never less than polite and friendly MAG please note.
There is quite a bit of evidence of the TP construction getting started but, to be honest, not as bad as London Bridge Station etc.
Called to the downstairs temporary departure area at 13.10 and boarding commenced soon after - all handled in a business like manner and departed just + 10 mins due ATC.
Monarch were fine and the flight was uneventful as it should be.

So on the whole little to complain about and having "enjoyed" the delights of Lagos, Islamabad and Mumbai a lot to appreciate ...