PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Line Check Ethics
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2017, 12:25
Fire and brimstone

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
A good point.

I would just say, if this was in - for example - Europe, would the regulator not have something to say?

I am sure it's a very small outfit, in a small country that no-one cares about, and not a large of well know company behaving like this.
In a large, or well know company, don't they have 'training standards', managers, 'Head of Training' people, who are liable fro what happens in their own departments?

When I passed my A levels several hundred years ago, I got to keep the qualification - I did not have to resist the exam to confirm I got a B+. I did not realise some industries operate differently, and tests are not what they are claimed to be.

Ditto my driving test. After I passed, and the DVLA gave me my licence, the examiner did not come around to my house, and insist I keep repeating the test - only being satisfied when I eventually made a mistake.

I am so happy I'm in Europe, we have EASA, and this sort of thing would never, ever happen. Even if it did, it would be stamped out, and the individuals dealt with.