PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Honesty required!
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2017, 10:41
flystrathclyde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honesty required!

I have not posted for some time but there is an issue burning away which I would appreciate some feedback on.

I operate Leading Edge Flight Training from Glasgow International Airport and the issues have been confirmed at more than one location.

There are 2 main parts;

Instructor

There is a difference between the training for LAPL and the EASA PPL. It is possible for a LAPL to complete some of the training and then be completed by an EASA instructor.

Should it be a requirement to fully explain this to students before commencing training?

I think it should so that those looking to progress have the option do have the advantage of the knowledge of the EASA PPL instructor throughout their course. After all the initial 10 hours training is the most important.

Aircraft

This one was highlighted yesterday when a young lad arrived with his parents for a Sim experience (cannot log) with us aspiring to be a Commercial Pilot. He has had 3 lessons on a 3 axis microlight with a 4th booked. The parents had no idea as we discussed Group A aircraft and the conversion of a LAPL licence.

I think ALL TRAINING ORGANISATIONS should have a obligation to understand and communicate the options available. Training standards need to improve and I believe the above represents a serious hurdle to be overcome.

Comments please?

Allan