PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question bank vs Learning
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2017, 22:45
TryingToAvoidCBs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Officer Kite
I therefore highly suggest you bugger off with that nonsensical and baseless judgment and get off your high horse.
I can assure you there are no horses in sight.
The comment was based on the way your statement was worded. I've seen hundreds of students over the years claim they couldn't pass without the QB, and I've known for a fact that their comments were nonsense. They couldn't pass without the QB because otherwise they would have to work 10 x harder than they were (which wasn't a lot) and they weren't willing to do it.

Right or wrong, my comment was based on experience. I apologise.

Which brings me onto your next comment(s).

Originally Posted by Officer Kite
"If I answered a question right - great, if i got it wrong - i looked up in the explanation why I was wrong. Bit by bit it all started to come together in my mind".

"You must understand the theory behind this"

"I started off literally writing out detailed notes of everything, I refused to move on unless I knew the topics inside out"
I couldn't agree more with everything you've written. I told my students exactly the same thing. Some listened, some didn't. Those who didn't generally failed.

As I say, my GS was done over 6 years ago, a lot has changed since then.
I have a personal hated for all QBs. Always have, always will.
But reluctantly I do understand their importance more and more in recent years, and their increase in popularity and perceived need.

As a friend of mine used to say "Do what you want, I've already got my licence"

Best of luck.