PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question bank vs Learning
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2017, 10:14
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go on the questions. I have a couple of exams done and passed thankfully, other than to check something again (which most good question banks should provide anyway so you wouldn't need to), my advice is to leave the material.

Thins is, in 10 years time if faced with an emergency, a good 80%+ of the material is not going to be any use to flying even on a daily basis, for an emergency i can assure you that you will neither remember nor need anything much from the ATPLs!

If you want high grades, hit the question banks. If the exams I sat so far are any indication, then for a subject like mass and balance i had 1 new question, and for AGK (a very large subject - 80q exam), I had 10-15 new questions. Quite honestly, I wouldn't have passed without the question banks. I don't think any atpl student can argue otherwise. Reason being is that the questions are often stupid riddles where they're trying to catch you out and not see what you know. Another reason is the questions focus on particular ares, absolutely no point in learning the inner workings of shunt wound generator when the only question that may come up on it is asking whether the output when a load put on it increases or decreases, unless you want a sore head!