PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2017, 01:36
akry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to become an Airline Transport Pilot ?

I have a few options, but i don't know which one would be the best.
I'm located in New Zealand, resident here but i have european citizenship too. i'm starting university in January, and my final goal is to become an Airline Transport Pilot.

1. I could start Bachelor of Aviation at Massey university, and then work as an instructor , then just work my way up from there. ( uni is $200.000 ).

2.option. Massey university also offer Bachelor of Aviation Management, this would only be ($18.000) and outside university i can slowly learning to fly, privately.
or join to the air force (if i got selected) after i finished university. and after 10 years service i can get some missing licence and apply for a job.??

3.option. I could start some `aviation related uni`
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (BE (Hons)) (5 years) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) (3 years) and then the same thing , either aviation school or air force. not which uni would an airline recognize.

I have to stay in NZ for another 5 years to join the airforce, so i've got 5 years to do something useful. Preferably university, as it is a requirement, but can it be any kind of university?

Thanks!!
Roland 23/m