PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPAS Gongs
Thread: RPAS Gongs
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2017, 22:08
Toadstool

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts
Nutloose

I agree with what you say to some extent, but I take great exception to your last paragraph.

This particular campaign has been fought, in the most (apart from SF), by RAF aircrew and others who have trained Iraqi forces. This campaign has been fought by many who have spent months away from their families and have been asked by their lords and masters to do so.

There have not been (to my knowledge) any UK Mil casualties in this fight, but there most certainly has been a fight.

You apear to be bitter because perhaps you may have not been in the forces when most of us have been involved in recent kinetic conflicts.

BTW, I was also around when terrorists such as PIRA were targeting us. I draw a massive distinction between that and my recent experiences.

This is not about wearing tin to feel better about ourselves, this is recognition for the efforts and hardships that many have been subjected to. I'm sorry that you feel that you have to denigrate the efforts of many who have been involved.

There is also an Ebola medal, but I don't recall any IEDs or enemy action. Is scraping mates up criteria for tin?

Last edited by Toadstool; 22nd Sep 2017 at 22:19.