PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2017, 20:13
sprite1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Philip Boucher-Hayes
I am an Irish journalist working for the national broadcaster, RTÉ.

I would like to speak, in confidence and off record, to any current or former Ryan Air pilots on this forum.

Please don't post here if you want to speak to me.

You can mail me - [email protected]

I also use two secure, end to end encrypted messaging apps

Threema where my ID is FYE3T6UM

Or on Signal where my number is 0878262587

All communication will be treated sensitively and discretely.

To all FR pilots,

I would suggest you take this guy up on his offer. However, and I know he'll understand why, I would suggest googling RTE's contact details separately.

The name Philip Boucher-Hayes is the name of a real RTÉ journalist, experienced in consumer law/shows and has fronted both radio and TV productions for many years in Ireland.

This will all die down in a few days/weeks. I think getting in contact will enable for your story to be given a timely burst of second wind, just to keep it fresh in people's minds that the problem hasn't gone away and further cancellations could happen up to Christmas/next year.

Money talks, it's all O'Leary knows.

€10000 pay rise for all 4000 pilots is €40m. It's cheaper to pay many Senior Counsel for many years to stop you. But if future earnings project downward, it'll add to his costings and make paying you more worthwhile.

So contact RTÉ and request to speak with Philip is my advice. Sources and contacts are journalists lifeblood. They go to jail before they'd offer up names so don't worry on that front.

You need this crewing problem to remain current and in people's minds while you're negotiating with O'Leary. Some of you, contact RTÉ now.