PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates: New "Acid" test after Recurrent SIM!
Old 22nd Sep 2017, 10:00
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there were a number of "incidents" on line, isn't it correct to address the problem ? Looks like SVP has addressed a worrying trend although, a bit knee-jerk, I agree.But, I have to say, a good review and a pretty damn good effort in order to enhance standards.

Selection is the key. If you need lots of pilots and there aren't many around, entry standards would be lowered. High performing Training Departments would expect enhanced training standards to be implemented because the final line check standard should never be compromised.

Oh bring back the glory days. Very tough selection. Bi-annual Base check. One combined with annual I/R. Line check, once a year. One classroom (really fun times) lasting a week, once a year. Cripes, enough eh ? ON line incidents ? Can't remember any.

Worked for one dreadful outfit where a "surprise" standards check was the norm. Could be on anyone, often no-one and was usually just to ensure that we all knew how to arrive with more fuel than we departed with. Mostly a fun day out and chance to bend the ears of the Management pilot .

A later employer delighted in describing the Training Dept as a "Service" department. There were very few "failures" but quite a lot of refresher training. Worked very well.