PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2017, 22:47
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering about Split, I couldn't remember whether it started late May or late June last year. Either way, I know it's a short season. Hope to see it come back!

Completely understand skyman's point and he's exactly right. In any situation, the routes/schedules proposed are almost guaranteed to require a 4th based frame. I still do hope this will happen, because a lot of new routes would then become viable (Either that or operated by "away" frames as opposed to "home" frames)

Fortunately (or unfortunately, as the case may be) it would seem that easyJet has hit a profitable sweet spot at Newcastle. They could probably still make money bringing in a 4th or even 5th A319/20 and bringing back Amsterdam, Venice, Munich, Milan, Copenhagen, Budapest, Ibiza, am Bristol rotations, Gatwick/Stansted and the like... But they make *more* money plying ALC, AGP, FAO, PMI daily, and operating "optimised" BRS/BFS flights... Which is why 50% of EZY's BFS rotations are on Friday and Sunday alone.

On BRS/BFS, EZY cater for the VFR market, and an extremely limited amount of flexible business traffic. It makes sense, but it's still rather frustrating for the regular users. More so for those that used to take advantage of the day returns on offer before the turn of the decade

I live in hope... One day, someone might take a leap of faith and I hope it pays off for them. With TFS, CFU, RHO, SPU, SXF and the new BRS schedule, things are certainly looking up, but it'll be a matter of how far they're willing to go with it