PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2017, 19:59
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 01475
The good news is that things like this (if it's true) may have less effect than you think. I first found out about this from you right now and had never seen the story or heard of the man.
Ryanair marketing boss boasts of his 'busy week' | Daily Mail Online

Of course, it won't do any real damage, but my point is this shows the way the British Media are, it's not about printing facts it's all about having it in for people who they don't like and facts need not necessarily get in the way of that.

But I have seen a Facebook feed with people sharing stories about cancellations and worrying about their short breaks (not one person I know has actually had a flight cancelled by anyone other than EasyJet in this period, but that's by the by; the fear and the bad press are there and causing harm).
I agree and the fact that Ryanair tend to normally cancel less flights than almost all the other airlines because of the extensive use of standby crews to recover service means historically they have cancelled less flights in the past.

That's before you take into account the many strikes that have took place over the years in other airlines and IT problems etc that has grounded whole schedules for days.

As I've said even after this is finished Ryanair still probably won't be anywhere near the top of the stats of % of flights cancelled in this calendar year, but the media would have you believe that they are unreliable and more likely to cancel than anyone else.