PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet desperate for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2017, 16:45
byrondaf

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe FO and Command positions, but at the moment cadet recruitment is at a standstill. I finished at CTC/L3/(whatever rubbish they're calling it these days) recently and we've been told we wont be getting an EZY interview until December to start TR sometime around May 2018.

The hold 'pool' is quickly turning into an ocean. CTC is not what it says on the tin. Should've known better.

If I could do it all again I'd pick the modular route and save half the money. As above, no idea about FO/Command. Good luck!
That's probably because BA haven't recruited any of our FO's this year, so CTC's sausage factory has come to a standstill. Entirely different 12-18 months ago and likely to be another mad rush to recruit when the BA guys eventually move over. Pretty desperate for Captains at some bases though.

Regards to CTC not being what it says on the tin, that's not really true is it. You'll end up with an airline just you might have to be a bit more patient, your time will come and you won't have to do a couple years at another airline to get in. That's if easyJet is where you want to end up.

When i graduated I was told we wouldn't get a type rating with easyJet for about 8-9months, 6 weeks later they were giving us start dates for the end of the month...it changes very quickly in pilot recruitment as you will find out! Best of luck.