PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch 4
Thread: Monarch 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2017, 09:07
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerry123
If they are going back into long haul then they must have some sort of plan and an idea of the market they want.
With the MAX they could look at US East coast from NCL GLA/EDI CWL BRS BHX MAN LBA LTN and LGW.
Same airports with a wide body but to places like Florida the Caribbean and the US West coast as well as Asia. From some of those cities they'd have competition but from a lot of them they wouldn't or the competition is very light.
They may well have identified gaps in the market that they can fill.
I wish them luck.
I cannot see folk wanting to go on a cramped narrow body to the Caribbean, Asia or USA east coast when VS DY TUI and TCX have new or refurbed 787 and 330 fleets with full IFE - also the regionals are well covered with KLM via AMS and EK via DXB

Monarch did it for years with 757's (and A300's) and whilst she could get into niche destinations (always with a fuel stop and crew change) such as Maldives Mombasa Agra Goa Aqaba and Kerala -
all were only seasonal -- I might add the pax really did not suffer the 757 or the A300 too well - most hated the flight home and vowed never to go on Monarch again!

I worked for MON at LGW and flew to MCO via BGR and to Male via BAH and MBA via Cairo - its an expensive operation with intensive crewing/HOTAC and seasonal empty legs

I am at a loss as to what long haul market now that MON could be looking at to achieve with any success and safety of a decent return.